Definition of Tolerance (n)
- [ tóllərənss ]
- acceptance of different views: the acceptance of the differing views of other people, e.g. in religious or political matters, and fairness toward the people who hold these different views
- tolerating of somebody or something: the act of putting up with somebody or something irritating or otherwise unpleasant
- ability to endure hardship: the ability to put up with harsh or difficult conditions
I’ve held back jumping on the Duck Dynasty hates Gays bandwagon… because it’s nothing new and I don’t really care.
Let me state my position on this latest example of Liberal Tolerance.
Phil Robertson has every right to openly state what he believes. A&E has every right as a private company to “Fire” Phil Robertson because of what he openly states as his beliefs. You have every right to Support Phil, or Support A&E. You can turn A&E off… you can say mean things about Phil. You can burn Phil’s Duck Calls… On and on and on.
The only, only, only aspect of this I find remotely interesting is the idea of Tolerance. This episode is simply another, in a long line, of incidents where Liberals fail to tolerate speech they disagree with. Phil may very well be an A-Hole. But where exactly is the tolerance?
Liberals find it very important to remind the rest of us that they are the most Tolerant people in the room… at all times. But if you only tolerate those you agree with then where exactly IS the tolerance?
This is a terrific example of the Left’s War on Words.
It is all part of controlling speech. Because if you control speech you control the argument.
But what is amazing is that we are conditioned with regularity to accept such control.
We see this in everyday life. Several examples we have grown to except, erroneously, are the words;
Gratuity, Charity and Voluntary.
Definition of Gratuity (n)
- [ grə t ətee ]
- money given in appreciation: a small gift, usually of money, given to somebody such as a waiter as thanks for service given
Definition of Charity (n)
- [ chárrətee ]
- organization providing charity: an organization that collects money and other voluntary contributions of help for people in need
- provision of help: the voluntary provision of money, materials, or help to people in need
- material help: money, materials, or help voluntarily given to people in need
Definition of Voluntary (adj)
- [ vóllən tèrree ]
- of free will: arising, acting, or resulting from somebody’s own choice or decision rather than because of external pressure or force
- without pay: performing, working, or done without financial reward
- using volunteers: composed of, functioning with or requiring volunteers
If something is voluntary it does not require Force by others. In other words, you don’t voluntarily pay your taxes. You pay your txes because you must. If you don’t, you go to jail. That’s Force.
Apparently “Tolerance” is going the way of “Voluntarily”, a word hardly heard and rarely understood.
It seems none of us ‘Public School Kids’ know what Free Will is.
I shouldn’t have to say this, but Words mean Things. All of the above words have to do with your ability to say “No.” So ask yourself, why would the Left want to change the meaning of, or remove, such words from our vocabulary? Contrary to many people’s new definition of Tolerance, it does not mean finding only those things you agree with as protected speech. In fact, it means exactly the opposite.
Buy a dictionary… use it… before all meaning is lost forever.
Leave a Reply